Monday, January 24, 2011

Another Reason to love Natalie Portman

In a recent interview with InStyle Magazine (February 2011 edition), there were a few tips that she divulged to the writer.

What's the best makeup tip you ever got from a professional?

Early on, someone told me never to pluck my eyebrows. I always pluck between them and on the sides. Whenever I see young girls with amazing eyebrows, I tell them, "Don't let anyone do anything to them."

My daughters both have amazing eyebrows, mostly because they come from caterpillar brow stock so this is a lesson that I will teach them. Having gone through the Cholita faze of over plucking and penciling in, I see the value in this advice.

In another excerpt from the magazine, Natalie expels some advice that she received from Alber Elbaz at Lanvin.

He told me, "People will try to make you wear heels because you're short. But that's the most beautiful thing about you, so only wear flats." I've learned it's very French to celebrate something about yourself that others might say is your flaw.

I will learn to embrace my short stature and quit apologizing by way of stacked heels and wedges. Well, most days anyways.

Will you do the same?



On another note, check out the Feburary 2011 InStyle and flip to page 134 for their Deals and Steals. There you will see my favourite new necklace from Stella & Dot, www.stelladot.com/williams.

The Revival Tassel Necklace is $89 Canadian and is an instant style maker. Vintage brass chain tassel swinging from crystal pave balls and a string of reconstituted ivory beads with a 30" length of beads.

The revival, along with a few other pieces were the designs of our guest jewellery, Nancy Liebowitz. Nancy started her jewellery line, Nathan and Moe, after working for years as a publicist for daytime dramas. Some of her celebrity clients include, Eva Longoria, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Salma Hayek are all sporting her signature Boho Chic look, and now so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment